Dare to be daring – include an unusual or unanticipated piece in your home décor. The use of just one item can take the look of your interior up an entire notch!
I am all for classic and timeless interior design: painting the walls a neutral colour and having a rather neutral pallet to go along with it. To add some interest, I like to add accessories that have some punch and some “wow” factor that will keep your guests talking!
Ways to do it:
-Unexpected Design Idea
1. Opus Incertum Bookshelf from Suite 22
Unexpected Material: Styrofoam
Design Idea: Stack several of them one on top of each other to fill and create a beautiful feature wall in your living room
2. Red Tulip Sink from Canaroma
Unexpected Shape: Tulip flower as a lavatory
Design idea: Create a statement with this piece on your main floor powder room – your guests will love it!
3. Necklace Lights by Jessica Nakanishi
Unexpected Design Idea: Jewellery as lighting
Design Idea: Instead of a headboard, hang these on the wall over your bed
4. ‘Bomba’ Stool by Fugitive Glue
Unexpected Function: Recycled propane tank as seating/side table
Design Idea: Multi purpose piece that can be used both indoors and out – the perfect rustic element for a more refined space.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018