This is the perfect salad to take to a potluck. The savoy cabbage and vinaigrette can be prepared in advance. Add spinach and beets just prior to serving.
Working under the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement, leafy greens farmers work hard to ensure California leafy greens are safe, healthy and delicious. More great recipes can be found at www.caleafygreens.ca.gov.
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper jelly, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) savoy cabbage, cored and shredded, about a 1/2 head
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby spinach
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 4 medium roasted beets
- 2 tbsp (30mL) crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, hot pepper jelly, ginger and garlic. Toss with shredded cabbage, spinach, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Cut roasted beets into wedges and gently toss with salad. Sprinkle blue cheese over and serve immediately.
Tip: To roast beets, wrap together in foil and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 1 hour or until tender when tested with the tip of a knife. If you are running low on time, use store-bought pickled beets.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018