This dining space is one of our favorites from the past year. This was a vacant property and based on the property price point, we knew it was important to add both layers of texture & glam to this space to attract the right buyers. We accomplished this by adding layers of texture in this combined living space – from the soft dreamy hues in the living room to the gorgeous upholstered chairs in the dining room. We added drama and sparkle with an eye-catching mirror in behind the table and selected a glass table to make the compact dining room look larger. We also recommended that the light fixture be changed out and selected one which was modern and dramatic – and that we knew home buyers would love.
Dining Room Staging Tips:
- Select the right size of table for the space. If the room is compact then opt for either a smaller glass table OR take out the leaf in your table so everything is in balance in the space – and so that buyers have room to walk all the way around the table.
- Add a modern light fixture whenever possible as this adds a beautiful style update for any dining room. Our top picks include fixtures with a little sparkle and either a brushed pewter or chrome finish.
- Whether it’s a wood or glass table, there is a lot of hardscape in a dining room. Adding softness and texture with upholstered dining chairs – cream or grey are our favorites – creates a gorgeous luxury note to the dining space.
- Add sparkle and glam with a large decorative mirror behind the dining table. Not only do mirrors reflect additional light into a room – making them look larger – but adding a decorative mirror like the one in our picture adds a gorgeous glam element that makes the space infinitely more marketable.
- Add a layered centerpiece to the table. Whether it’s a pair of vases or a trio of textured décor items, adding visual interest to the dining table helps this space stand out.
Text and Project by Heather Cook, Rooms in Bloom
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019