This dining space is one of our favorites from the past year. This was a vacant property and based on the property price point, we knew it was important to add both layers of texture & glam to this space to attract the right buyers. We accomplished this by adding layers of texture in this combined living space – from the soft dreamy hues in the living room to the gorgeous upholstered chairs in the dining room. We added drama and sparkle with an eye-catching mirror in behind the table and selected a glass table to make the compact dining room look larger. We also recommended that the light fixture be changed out and selected one which was modern and dramatic – and that we knew home buyers would love.
Dining Room Staging Tips:
- Select the right size of table for the space. If the room is compact then opt for either a smaller glass table OR take out the leaf in your table so everything is in balance in the space – and so that buyers have room to walk all the way around the table.
- Add a modern light fixture whenever possible as this adds a beautiful style update for any dining room. Our top picks include fixtures with a little sparkle and either a brushed pewter or chrome finish.
- Whether it’s a wood or glass table, there is a lot of hardscape in a dining room. Adding softness and texture with upholstered dining chairs – cream or grey are our favorites – creates a gorgeous luxury note to the dining space.
- Add sparkle and glam with a large decorative mirror behind the dining table. Not only do mirrors reflect additional light into a room – making them look larger – but adding a decorative mirror like the one in our picture adds a gorgeous glam element that makes the space infinitely more marketable.
- Add a layered centerpiece to the table. Whether it’s a pair of vases or a trio of textured décor items, adding visual interest to the dining table helps this space stand out.
Text and Project by Heather Cook, Rooms in Bloom