(NC)—The time for checking the mail box (or your direct deposit account) for that highly anticipated tax refund is here. Whether a little or a lot, there are ways to make this year’s refund stretch further than you think.
Consider the following ideas to make the most of this year’s tax refund:
1. Invest in a home improvement project. Using your tax refund to update your kitchen, bathroom or any area of your house will increase the value of your home by thousands when you decide to sell.
2. Increase your mortgage payments. Its not as exciting as taking a dream vacation to some exotic destination, but in the long run, a few extra payments now could save you months of payments in the future.
3. Share your increase. Donate a portion of your tax refund and receive a tax receipt you can use for the upcoming tax season. Help children suffering in extreme poverty and give them the opportunity to drink clean water, eat a nourishing meal and even go to school. It’s as convenient as visiting www.ccfcanada.ca and selecting your donation amount.
4. Buy energy saving products. If you buy a fridge or washer and dryer with energy saving features, not only will you benefit the environment but you will also stretch your tax refund by lowering your utility costs.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Marc & Mandy’s Holiday Gift Guide 2018 - December 7, 2017
- Five Things to Look for When Interviewing a Home Remodeling Contractor - December 6, 2017
- Designer Space: All in the Details - November 30, 2017