Stuffed Peppers with Glutenfree Macaroni
This nourishing dish by Chef Hubert Cormier will be sure to please both gluten free and non-gluten free eaters alike.
- 1 pkg. (340 g) Catelli Gluten Free Macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) skim milk
- 1 can (120 g) flaked light tuna, drained
- 12 walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 large red and/or green peppers
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring 6 litres of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small pot, heat olive oil with cherry tomatoes. Add tomato sauce and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with milk; pour into tomato sauce. Stir continuously and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add tuna, crushed walnuts and cooked pasta.
- Cut peppers; remove seeds and membranes.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven and broil until cheese is golden.
- Add finely chopped parsley for garnish; serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 4 Ways to Add Character to a Monochromatic Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Refacing VS Refinishing a Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Light, Airy & Interesting Kitchens - May 25, 2018