This nourishing dish by Chef Hubert Cormier will be sure to please both gluten free and non-gluten free eaters alike.
- 1 pkg. (340 g) Catelli Gluten Free Macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) skim milk
- 1 can (120 g) flaked light tuna, drained
- 12 walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 large red and/or green peppers
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring 6 litres of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small pot, heat olive oil with cherry tomatoes. Add tomato sauce and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with milk; pour into tomato sauce. Stir continuously and simmer over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add tuna, crushed walnuts and cooked pasta.
- Cut peppers; remove seeds and membranes.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven and broil until cheese is golden.
- Add finely chopped parsley for garnish; serve immediately.