You’ve heard the popular saying before — breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast helps boost your metabolism after it has slowed down during sleep and it provides you with the energy and nutrients you need to get you through your day.
The combination of fruit, chia seeds and coconut chips in this breakfast smoothie bowl provides you with a wealth of vitamins and minerals. The inclusion of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit alone adds potassium, fibre and actinidin. It also provides your daily vitamin C needs. Make this smoothie bowl the night before if you’re pressed for time in the morning.
Sunshine Kiwifruit Smoothie Bowl
Prep time: 5 minutes
• 1 cup ice
• 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
• 1/2 plum, sliced
• 1 cup frozen strawberries
• 1/2 unsweetened coconut milk
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/2 fresh peach, sliced into wedges
• 1 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
• 1 tbsp coconut chips
1. In a blender combine ice, blueberries, plum, strawberries, coconut milk and half the chia seeds.
2. Pour mixture into a serving bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019