- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- (1 oz. each), chopped
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Mashed orange-fleshed sweet potato (about 3/4 lb., uncooked)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk (or soured milk)
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Make a well in centre.
- Microwave chocolate in small microwavesafe bowl on Medium for about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Put next 6 ingredients into blender or food processor. Add chocolate. Process until smooth. Add to well. Stir until just combined.
- Spread in greased 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) pan. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for about 35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out moist but not wet with batter. Do not over bake.
- Scatter marshmallows and chocolate chips over top. Broil on centre rack in oven for 1 to 2 minutes until golden. Let stand in pan on wire rack until cool
Recipes reprinted from Company’s Coming Publishing Limited - As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine Fall 2013 Digital Edition
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018