With the sun shining and gardens in full bloom, it's time to break out the sunglasses, dust off the patio and fire up the grill. Nothing makes summer more exciting than the perfect barbecue feast. Impress your friends and family with this Indian-inspired beef burger recipe, a delicious new take on a familiar favourite. The exotic tandoori flavouring paired with a colourful coleslaw will be a sure hit, adding a little excitement to your everyday backyard barbecues.
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated apple, skin on
- 2 cups (500 mL) red cabbage, grated
- ½ cup (125 mL) sweet white onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) plus ½ cup (125 mL) VH Tandoori sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Pam grilling spray
- Stir together apple, cabbage, onion, vinegar and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend together beef, egg, bread crumbs and 3 tbsp (45 mL) VH Tandoori sauce. Form mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Spray grill with Pam grilling spray and heat to medium-high. Cook burgers while basting with ½ cup (125 mL) Tandoori sauce, about 7 minutes per side.
- Place grilled burgers on buns and top with slaw.
Tip: If burgers are cooked on the outside, but not yet on the inside, lower the heat, cover the grill and let them finish cooking with indirect heat.
Additional recipe ideas are available online at www.VHsauces.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018