These hand-held easy-to-eat chicken pops are perfect for any party. If there are any leftovers, they're excellent rolled in a wrap for lunch the next day. More tasty recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) natural peanut butter, preferably crunchy
- 1/4cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai curry paste, red or green
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 20 to 24 small 6-inch (15-cm) wooden skewers
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped peanuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped coriander
- In a medium bowl, whisk peanut butter with soy sauce, lime juice and curry paste until well blended.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick strips. Add chicken to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat well. Refrigerate chicken in marinade mixture for at least 2 hours before skewering, but preferably overnight.
- Soak skewers in water. Oil grill and preheat to medium. Remove chicken from marinade and roll each strip into a spiral, inserting a small skewer through each spiral to hold like a lollipop. The end pieces will be smaller, so roll with another strip. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place on grill and barbecue, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve on a platter, sprinkled with peanuts and coriander.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018