At the end of every year, many Canadians reflect on past accomplishments to help set goals and prepare for the new year ahead. Often the holidays go by so quickly that there’s little time left for philanthropic activities. But, there are easy ways to give back during this busy time of year, and with the AIR MILES Reward Program, donating your earned reward miles can be as meaningful as saving the planet, feeding the hungry, or helping to give a child a truly memorable holiday.
Some simple steps to get started:
– Pick a cause that inspires you. Look for ways to get involved and set realistic goals for the amount that you want to donate each year. Giving back should be fun!
– Volunteer. If you’re uncertain about which charity should get your hard-earned rewards or dollars, volunteering is a great way to give back beyond making a donation.
– Give to groups you know. The AIR MILES Reward Program has partnered with several recognized Canadian charities, which allows Collectors to redeem online for $20 donations directly to these organizations.
– Double the power of giving by getting a credit card that earns more than just personal rewards – for those who are passionate about the environment, consider the Bank of Montreal’s WWF-Canada AIR MILES MasterCard available mid-November (www.bmo.com). Every time this card is used, you earn AIR MILES reward miles and a percentage of the money you spend will also go toward WWF-Canada’s mission to create solutions for our living planet – at no added cost.
– Commit to giving. You have a lot to offer – choose a charity or cause and continue to find new ways to give back, whether it’s through volunteer work or donations. Remember, every effort counts.