1. Skip the dinner and have a party. Many couples are choosing to elope. One way to celebrate when you return home is to have a cocktail reception at someone’s house. It can be a fun time with less stress and cost.
2. The early bird saves money. If you’re booking a venue, try having the wedding in off-season or on a Friday or Sunday. Also watch for sales on wedding items as soon as you get engaged. A dress on clearance can save you hundreds of dollars.
3. Something old, something borrowed, something creative. Instead of buying everything new, borrow items from your family and friends, or rent what you need. Creating items like invitations or flower arrangements is a great way to save money and can also provide that personal touch too.
Additional information on saving for your future is available at www.franklintempleton.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Marc & Mandy’s Holiday Gift Guide 2018 - December 7, 2017
- Five Things to Look for When Interviewing a Home Remodeling Contractor - December 6, 2017
- Designer Space: All in the Details - November 30, 2017