Looking for a fresh take on pasta salad? Try Chef Gordon Ramsay's version made using the Philips Airfryer, which combines tiger shrimp, a vegetable medley, and fresh herbs to add bright colour and delicious flavours creating the perfect main course salad.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) piment d'Espelette
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 18 large tiger shrimp, deveined and butterflied with tails intact
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb (250 g) glass (cellophane) noodles, prepared according to the package instructions, drained and chilled
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced diagonally
- 4 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 baby red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and julienned green papaya
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz/15 g) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz/15 g) fresh cilantro leaves, and chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz/125 ml) soy sauce
- 8 tsp (40 ml) honey
- 2 inch (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz/250 ml) grapeseed oil
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 390°F (200°C). In a small bowl, stir together the piment d'Espelette and 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet and brush with the piment d'Espelette mixture. Sprinkle with lemon and lime zests and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 6 shrimp cut side down in the fry basket and insert into the Airfryer. Cook for 4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- For the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, green onion, and chili sauce. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl, tossing in noodles, cucumber, bell peppers, carrot, green onions, papaya, mint, and cilantro. Add the vinaigrette to taste and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Divide the salad among 6 plates. Place 3 shrimp on top of each serving. Garnish with peanuts and basil and serve immediately.
Tip: It's worth seeking out piment d'Espelette for its complex flavor and subtle heat, but hot paprika can be used instead. You can also substitute glass noodles for rice noodles.
Visit Philips.ca to learn more about the Philips Airfryer.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Space: Modern Character - August 16, 2018
- Trend Watch: Sleek Home Elevators - August 13, 2018
- Ultimate Bathroom Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - August 10, 2018