The festive season is a busy time of year. Between decorating, getting organized for entertaining and shopping, that to-do list can quickly become overwhelming. To help eliminate surprises along the way, here are some tips to keep the season in check and remind you of something you’d just about forgotten.
• No need to stress. The best way to enjoy the holiday is to plan ahead and make lists of tasks and items you can pick up in advance.
• Be sure to de-clutter communal spaces such as the living room, kitchen and front entrance. This will make the space easier to maneuver and more comfortable when entertaining.
• Keep your home clean and fresh when the temperatures are too chilly to open the windows. Especially in the winter, stale odors tend to stay in the home where we spend 90 per cent of our time. Improve this even more by using a customized air filter like the Bionaire AER1 System that will help eliminate dust and lingering odors for a fresh living space.
• Prepare for overnight guests in the event that someone has a little too much eggnog. Stock the guest bedroom with extra blankets, towels and offer recent magazines on the nightstand.
• This is the most wonderful time of the year. String lights, hang a fresh evergreen wreath and run garland along your exterior porch to bring some holiday spirit to your home.
More information is available online at www.aer1system.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 11 Bathroom Renovation Ideas to Freshen Up Your Bathroom - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Simple Drama - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Vintage Modern Renovation - December 11, 2018