Canadian summer heat can reach tropical heights, so why not take the whole family on an easy island getaway with a Tropical Citrus Granita? Much less expensive and labour intensive than an actual trip down south, this fun mango and coconut frozen delight – developed by Minute Maid in partnership with the Canadian Living Test kitchen – will make everyone smile on a hot day. If you enjoy this creation, check out other summertime-inspired recipes at minutemaid.ca.
- 1 can Mango Punch frozen concentrate, mixed with 2 cans water
- 2-200mL tetra boxes ofTropical Orange 100% Juice.
- Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups coconut water
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- Stir together the orange juice, mango punch and water. Pour into large shallow glass baking dish.
- In small saucepan (or a small microwave bowl) heat water with sugar until dissolved. Whisk together with coconut water and coconut cream. Pour into shallow glass baking dish.
- Place both dishes in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove from freezer, scrape edges and mix with a fork. Return to freezer, scraping every hour until no liquid remains, 6-7 hours total. Layer fruit granita on bottom of glass, followed by coconut mixture, and another layer of fruit granita on top. Garnish with tropical fruit.
Per approx. 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) serving: about 267 cal, 2 g pro, 9 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 48 g carb (2 g dietary fibre, 45 g sugar), 0 mg chol, 91 mg sodium, 262 mg potassium. % RDI: 1% calcium, 3% iron, 115% vit C, 4% folate.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018