Turkey-Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
This is almost a meal in itself. Just add a salad and some crusty bread.
- 8 large Portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound extra lean minced turkey with seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- 4 ounces Gruyère, thinly sliced
- Preheat the grill to 350°F. Line two grill-proof pans with aluminum foil.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps and finely chop the stems. Place the caps in a single layer on the foil-lined pans, gill-side up. Cook the mushrooms on the hot grill with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes or until the caps begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook 2 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika, and cook 1 minute. Add the turkey and cook until it's no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup chopped dried tomatoes. Add the Parmesan and a grind or two of freshly ground black pepper, mixing until well blended. Add salt, if needed.
- Stuff the mushroom caps generously with the filling, and top with a thin slice of Gruyère. Return the mushrooms to the grill. Close the cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with remaining dried tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018