Using instant pudding in a cake makes the cake very moist and also gives it a burst of flavour. The secret ingredient used to make moist cakes in bakeries is often instant pudding. This is a no-fail, cheap and simple recipe!
- 1 box cake mix, any flavor
- 1 box instant pudding, any flavor (4 serving size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c water
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 c sour cream (optional
- Additional items needed: Mixing bowl, electric beater, cooking spray/butter, 9x13 inch cake pan, toothpicks.
- Select identical flavors of cake mix and instant-pudding mix, such as chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding. If you want a more complex cake flavor, select complementing cake and pudding mix flavors, such as yellow cake mix and lemon instant-pudding mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter. (I flour my cake pans as well, but it's not required.)
- Combine the cake and pudding mixes with a spoon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add four eggs, 1 cup water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. If you wish to make a denser cake (similar to a pound cake) add 1 cup sour cream.
- Beat all the ingredients until combined with an electric mixer on medium speed. The batter will be much thicker than regular cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan and bake it for approximately 50 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and remove it. If the toothpick comes out clean with no raw batter, the cake is done.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Kitchen Design Ideas We Love - January 15, 2020
- Modern Furniture, Interior Design and Your Province - January 9, 2020
- Understanding the new First Time Home Buyer Incentive - January 7, 2020