This light dip is superb with these easy low fat crisps. The crisps keep well in an airtight container – so make a big batch.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. (500 g) fresh Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) light sour cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Each dried dill weed and paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- In large skillet melt butter over medium heat; stir in mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and onions sauté until tender and the liquid given off by the mushrooms has evaporated, about 5 –7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer; mix in sour cream, dillweed, paprika, salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened and warm.
- Serve warm with pita crisps, multigrain, low fat crackers or breadsticks. Makes 1 cup (250 mL) or 16 servings
Tip: Substitute 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh minced dill for the dried and garnish with fresh dill sprigs. Baked Pita Crisps: Cut 2 whole wheat pita breads in half horizontally with scissors or serrated knife. Cut each half into 8 triangles. Arrange in single layer on cookie sheet; bake in 400ºF (200ºC) for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Variation:Tortilla Crisps: Substitute 4 small whole wheat flour tortillas for pitas. More delicious recipe ideas are available online at www.mushrooms.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019