Every year, resolutions are set with high expectations — whether it’s to read more, or the all-too-familiar go to the gym — only to be broken a few weeks later. This year, change up your standby resolutions and set one to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Not only will you better yourself, you’ll improve the environment now and for future generations.
Check out these simple changes you can make to your daily habits:
1. Use reusable bags and containers for grocery shopping, packing lunches, and storing leftovers.
2. Choose products that are returnable, reusable, or refillable over single-use items.
3. Avoid individually wrapped items and single-serve containers. Instead, look for large containers of items or buy from bulk bins whenever practical.
4. Properly dispose of products such as tires, batteries, and paint. Check with your local municipality on what can be recycled in your community.
5. Purchase items that are made from recycled materials, including recycled paper and products designed from recycled tire rubber.
Find more inspiration and green living tips online at rethinktires.ca.
Attention editors: This article is for distribution in Ontario only.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019