Supplies for the modern Christmas mantel DIY:
- Krylon® ColorMaster Paint
- Ballet Slipper (#453526)
- Sea Glass (#453572)
- Silver (#451511)
- Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver (#40402)
- Frame: 11×14”
- Candlesticks: Four, variety of sizes
- Glass ornaments: three styles/sizes
- Brass decorative container
- Tin Christmas tree or another holiday-themed decor piece
- Ribbon: three yards 5” wide white sheer, three yards 1/4” white sheer
- Metallic Rub-on paste: silver and teal
Tools for the modern Christmas mantel DIY:
- Craft scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Instructions for the modern Christmas mantel DIY:
- Prepare decor pieces for painting by thoroughly cleaning.
- Spray the frame, a candlestick, and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Sea Glass.
- Spray three candlesticks and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Ballet Slipper.
- Spray tree and several ornaments and a decorative container in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Silver.
- Use your finger or applicator to apply Metallic Rub-on to raised areas of frame and tree.
- Spray Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver on ornaments and other elements to give a frosty appearance.
- Tie 1/4” ribbon in various lengths to eight ornaments. Use hot-glue to adhere one end of the ribbon to the center backside of the frame to hang ornaments down in the center of the frame.
- Make large bow with wide sheer ribbon and tie to the top of the frame.
- Use hot-glue to adhere silver ornaments to tops of two candlesticks to create reflection balls.
- Fill the container with several painted ornaments.
- Arrange all pieces together on the mantel.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.