This contemporary colour palette is sure to add interest to your holiday decor.
Designer: Roxi Phillips
Skill level (1-5): 3
Time: 4 hours plus drying time
- Krylon® ColorMaster Paint
- Ballet Slipper (#453526)
- Sea Glass (#453572)
- Silver (#451511)
- Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver (#40402)
- Frame: 11×14”
- Candlesticks: Four, variety of sizes
- Glass ornaments: three styles/sizes
- Brass decorative container
- Tin Christmas tree or other holiday themed decor piece
- Ribbon: three yards 5” wide white sheer, three yards 1/4” white sheer
- Metallic Rub-on paste: silver and teal
- Craft scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Prepare decor pieces for painting by thoroughly cleaning.
- Spray the frame, a candlestick and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Sea Glass.
- Spray three candlesticks and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Ballet Slipper.
- Spray tree and several ornaments and a decorative container in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Silver.
- Use your finger or applicator to apply Metallic Rub-on to raised areas of frame and tree.
- Spray Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver on ornaments and other elements to give a frosty appearance.
- Tie 1/4” ribbon in various lengths to eight ornaments. Use hot glue to adhere one end of ribbon to center backside of frame to hang ornaments down in center of frame.
- Make large bow with wide sheer ribbon and tie to top of frame.
- Use hot glue to adhere silver ornaments to tops of two candlesticks to create reflection balls.
- Fill container with several painted ornaments.
- Arrange all pieces together on mantel.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.