This contemporary colour palette is sure to add interest to your holiday decor.
Designer: Roxi Phillips
Skill level (1-5): 3
Time: 4 hours plus drying time
- Krylon® ColorMaster Paint
- Ballet Slipper (#453526)
- Sea Glass (#453572)
- Silver (#451511)
- Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver (#40402)
- Frame: 11×14”
- Candlesticks: Four, variety of sizes
- Glass ornaments: three styles/sizes
- Brass decorative container
- Tin Christmas tree or other holiday themed decor piece
- Ribbon: three yards 5” wide white sheer, three yards 1/4” white sheer
- Metallic Rub-on paste: silver and teal
- Craft scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Prepare decor pieces for painting by thoroughly cleaning.
- Spray the frame, a candlestick and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Sea Glass.
- Spray three candlesticks and several ornaments in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Ballet Slipper.
- Spray tree and several ornaments and a decorative container in Krylon® Indoor/Outdoor Paint in Silver.
- Use your finger or applicator to apply Metallic Rub-on to raised areas of frame and tree.
- Spray Krylon® Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver on ornaments and other elements to give a frosty appearance.
- Tie 1/4” ribbon in various lengths to eight ornaments. Use hot glue to adhere one end of ribbon to center backside of frame to hang ornaments down in center of frame.
- Make large bow with wide sheer ribbon and tie to top of frame.
- Use hot glue to adhere silver ornaments to tops of two candlesticks to create reflection balls.
- Fill container with several painted ornaments.
- Arrange all pieces together on mantel.