the design blogger Michelle Shen of AM Dolce Vita
her location Toronto, ON
the holiday theme Elegant and glamorous
the goal To create a classic but unique Holiday theme that also reflects the overall style of the home.
the look created. For the Holiday mantel, I mixed and matched some everyday items with festive collections for a seamless look. A traditional setting of mercury glass candle holders was complemented by a more contemporary and vibrant DIY ball garland. The white snowflake velvet stockings added a touch of vintage, while the silver-leaf initials personalized them. The tree was placed in the foyer, a great place to “wow” guests! The jump-off point was the colour palette from the room which I incorporated into the tree ornaments. I also adorned the tree with as many lights as possible to maximize the sparkle factor. The result was a glamorous silver-gold tree that reinforced the foyer’s Regency style.
her styling secret: I love mixing eclectic elements to achieve an elegant and timeless style. To me, Holiday décor does not always need to scream festive in red and green.
- Stockings, Indigo
- Polished nickel stocking holders, Martha Stewart Living via Home Depot
- Ornament Balls on Mantel, HomeSense
- Antiqued silver Mercury glass candleholders, GLUCKSTEINHOME via Hudson Bay
- Pine garland, Ikea
- Christmastree, Lowes
- Ornaments on tree, Indigo, GLUCKSTEINHOME via Hudson Bay
- Designed by, Michelle Shen
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018