The Designer: Ami McKay is the President and Creative Director of Pure Design Inc.
The Challenge: Create a sitting area inspired by the Schonbek Bagatelle Pendant from Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre.
The Look: Create a balanced aesthetic by mixing feminine, vintage pieces such as the gorgeous light fixture with masculine, industrial items. The use of different furniture eras also adds to the eclectic feel of this space. Choose this high contrast colour scheme to allow the oversized floral wallpaper to stand out. Add cognac leather chairs as they bring warmth to this cool, neutral-toned room. For the finishing touches, incorporate natural elements like a wool rug and throw, as these textures make a room very inviting.
Get The Look:
- Create an accent wall with a Blossoms Mural wallpaper from Anewall.
- Compliment the mural with Benjamin Moore’s Winter White (2140-70).
- Choose a concrete floor and wall finish from Level Tech Concrete Systems.
- Hang this Schonbek Bagatelle Pendant from Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre.
- Add an area rug from The Goods.
- Accent these chairs from The Goods with pillows from Nineteen Ten.
- Accessorize a side table from The Goods with a plant from The Flower Factory.
- Bring in additional lighting with this Rico Espinet Shinto Floor Lamp from Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre.
- Finish with a throw blanket from Pure.