Design and Event Editor Evelyn Eshun shows us how to take a neutral sofa and trendy armchair from elegant to natural with two great looks. – Text by Evelyn Eshun, Photography by Larry Arnal
My goal with this look was to create an elegant yet comfortable and approachable look. The channel back of the sofa creates an undeniably glamorous touch while the strong angles and bold color of the chairs add a dash of personality. Throw pillows in leopard print, blue alpaca and green silk velvet add luxury with a nod towards the current jewel toned color trend. Warm metal details in the side table, accessories and artwork pull that luxurious feel throughout the space.
My goal with this look was to create a casual, comfortable space using color, texture and plenty of natural materials such as wood, wool and clay. While the sofa and chairs maintain their elegant style, layering textures, colors and fabric with bold confidence gives the space a more casual and inviting look. We paired the same blue alpaca pillows with casual tribal prints and chose accessories with a handcrafted look. We finished the look with a somber beachscape print to give us relief from all that color and create a balanced feel.
1. This coffee table pairs a marble top with a rustic, warm bronze frame in a geometric pattern that is both on trend and artistic. It adds an elegant, sculptural expression to the space. – Vero Coffee Table, www.sunpan.com
2. A neutral area rug with splashes of color detail that reveals itself as you get close to it was the perfect choice for this look. It is a luxurious blend of silk bamboo, viscose and wool fibers that provide a soft and comfortable feel underfoot. – Contemporary Outbook Area Rug, www.kasrapersianrugs.com
3. A large ottoman is a great choice for a cocktail table because it also provides additional seating when required. Here we added a wood tray to provide a surface to put drinks on. – Ethel Ottoman, www.sunpan.com
4. A traditional Persian rug adds beautiful, saturated colors and sets the tone for this space. We included a beautiful pouf in a similar pattern to add to the ambience of the room. – Heriz Persian Rug, Kilim Pouf, www.kasrapersianrugs.com
The Caitlin Sofa is a modern take on a classic tuxedo sofa with channel back upholstered detail and tailored arms. We complemented the sofa with a pair of Clevelander armchairs in a very trend forward combination of antique brass and Giotto Olive green fabric. This earthy green acts as a neutral therefore it can be paired with just about any other color. The antique brass frame gives the chairs a bold look with a mid-century undertone. – Evelyn Eshun, www.evelyneshun.com
Caitlin Sofa, Clevelander Armchair, Sunpan Modern Home, www.sunpan.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019
- Design Spotlight: Simon Chang - October 9, 2019
- Here’s What to Know Before Hiring Someone to Service Your Electrical System - October 8, 2019