Washing machines use a lot of water and energy each month and laundry is one household chore that can’t be avoided. Here are four simple tips to save your family money while taking a more environmentally responsible approach:
1. Wash your clothes in cold water. This will help prolong the life of your clothes by keeping the delicate fibres intact while reducing colour fading and shrinkage.
2. Use an ultra-concentrated single-dose laundry detergent like Arm & Hammer Crystal Burst Power Paks, there is no added water and a single-dose can tackle a large load.
3. Wash full loads where possible. Reducing the number of loads you do is more energy efficient and will save you money.
4. Give your dryer a break. With the warm weather upon us, save on energy costs by using a clothesline or if it’s rainy, set-up a drying rack in the laundry room.
5. Upgrade to a high efficiency washer. Don’t forget to use a high-efficiency detergent that is specially formulated to work in less water, making it better for the environment.
More information about environmentally responsible laundry solutions is available online at www.armandhammerlaundry.ca.