Pretty candle holders in Natural Stone Textured Finish and decorated with pine garland look like Mother Nature had a hand in the decorating.
Designer: Patty Schaffer
Project Time: 2 hours
Skill Level: 2
- Krylon® ColorMaster White Primer (#451315)
- Krylon® Natural Stone Textured Finish – Olivine (#43705)
- Repurposed Glass Bottles
- Garland of Artificial Greens with Pinecones
- Wire Cutters
- White Taper Candles
- Red Ribbon
- Kraft Cardstock
- Vintage Christmas Card
- Brown Ink
- Following surface prep instruction on the spray paint can, thoroughly clean bottles, removing all traces of grease, oil and other residue. Let dry thoroughly.
- Apply a light coat of White Primer to the bottles. Repeat until bottles are completely covered, allowing time to dry in between coats.
- Spray a light coat of Olivine Natural Stone Textured Finish on the bottles. Repeat until the bottles are completely covered, allowing time to dry in between coats.
- Cut a section from the artificial green garland with pinecones and wrap it around a bottle neck. Let some of the section hang down. Repeat for each bottle.
- Tie red ribbon around the necks of two of the bottles. Make two tags out of kraft cardstock and embellish them with sections cut from a vintage Christmas card. Ink the edges of the tags with brown ink. Attach the tags to the red ribbons.
- Add white taper candles to the bottle openings.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018