Pretty candle holders in Natural Stone Textured Finish and decorated with pine garland look like Mother Nature had a hand in the decorating.
Designer: Patty Schaffer
Project Time: 2 hours
Skill Level: 2
- Krylon® ColorMaster White Primer (#451315)
- Krylon® Natural Stone Textured Finish – Olivine (#43705)
- Repurposed Glass Bottles
- Garland of Artificial Greens with Pinecones
- Wire Cutters
- White Taper Candles
- Red Ribbon
- Kraft Cardstock
- Vintage Christmas Card
- Brown Ink
- Following surface prep instruction on the spray paint can, thoroughly clean bottles, removing all traces of grease, oil and other residue. Let dry thoroughly.
- Apply a light coat of White Primer to the bottles. Repeat until bottles are completely covered, allowing time to dry in between coats.
- Spray a light coat of Olivine Natural Stone Textured Finish on the bottles. Repeat until the bottles are completely covered, allowing time to dry in between coats.
- Cut a section from the artificial green garland with pinecones and wrap it around a bottle neck. Let some of the section hang down. Repeat for each bottle.
- Tie red ribbon around the necks of two of the bottles. Make two tags out of kraft cardstock and embellish them with sections cut from a vintage Christmas card. Ink the edges of the tags with brown ink. Attach the tags to the red ribbons.
- Add white taper candles to the bottle openings.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.