It’s often said that the easiest way to update a room is with a fresh coat of paint but the chosen color and technique can make a big difference in the end result! In this space, the walls become a work of art
with a silky, layered Venetian plaster look created using the new Venetian Silk line from Dulux. This two step process offers an affordable way to create a statement wall and it’s extremely easy to apply!
The contrast between the dark walls, white trim and floor keeps the look crisp and modern and painting the fireplace and wainscoting in a dark blue allows the Venetian Silk feature wall to really pop. To finish the look, Mix patterns and fabrics to carry that textured look throughout the room and keep artwork simple so it does not compete with the wall treatment.
Get This Look
- Effect on the Wall: Venetien Silk in Lost and Found, Dulux
- Recommended Accent Colors: Romance and Street Lamp Black, Dulux
- Swiss Cross Blanket, West Coast Kids
- Heima Candlestick by Normann Copenhagen, The Modern Shop
- Le Chat Print, BODIE and FOU
- Vienna Chair, Van Gogh Designs
- Herringbone Throw Pillow by Backwoods Design, Zazzle
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Choosing The Right Flooring - June 21, 2019
- Bidets: 5 Common Myths & The Truth You Need To Know - June 21, 2019
- Kitchens We Love: Lindsay’s Multifunctional Family Kitchen - June 20, 2019