Home Trends’ Style Editor Jo Alcorn predicts these trends for outdoor living spaces this year:
- Planters, planters and more planters! Group them in clusters to create a trendy look.
- Romantic ambience lighting under the stars while entertaining friends is the latest craze. It creates an instant getaway!
- Look for stylish umbrellas. Instead of selecting a traditional solid fabric, opt for trendy patterns and different cuts and shapes.
- Design an outdoor cooking area that is not only functional but also stylish.
- Wicker furniture is back! This year, expect to see a lot of indoor and outdoor wicker furniture and accessories.
- Create a trendy mixture of patterns to proudly display in your backyard. Some notable favorites include Aztec-inspired details, vibrant patterns, symbolic prints that speak to your personality and the relaxed, laid-back look.
- Planter, West Elm
- Lights, Wayfair
- Umbrella, Wayfair
- Grill, Weber
- Wicker Sofa, IKEA
- Other Accessories, HomeSense
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends' Style Editor, Jo Alcorn, Design Specialist and Founder of Whitewash & Co, has developed a diverse client base and is most proud of being able to provide style and continuity for a range of personalities and decor preferences. Jo's passion for design has been showcased on a handful of films and many tv programs including HGTV, Discovery Channel, CBC Steven and Chris, Breakfast Television, CityTV, Rogers Stations, Global Morning Show and more. Jo has used her design skills to develop her own line of locally made, high quality, stylish, environmentally friendly furniture, a lighting collection for Artcraft and even her own paint colour! Jo also serves as a teacher at Humber College North Campus.