Introducing a softer, more tranquil colour palette, Pantone chose two shades for 2016’s Colours of the Year. Rose Quartz, a warm pink, and Serenity, a cool blue, when used on their own or paired together, bring a feeling of balance to your décor.
I have always been a fan of pink, ever since I was allowed to decorated my first bedroom when I was twelve years old. Today, I love using shades of Rose Quartz in unexpected places, like pink shelving in a modern white room or on the back wall of a built-in. It’s so unexpected and accents beautifully against white, silver, and champagne gold accessories.
My very first custom sofa was upholstered in a cool blue velvet, very close to Serenity. It was the eighties which meant accents in pink tones, cream and yellow floral fabrics, were right on trend! Now I use this airy blue tone as a single accent colour against my cool and warm-toned palettes.
In pillows, throws, and accessories, Serenity adds a splash of colour without overpowering the room. – Text by Jackie Glass
- Hand Blown Blue Glass Jug Pendant, Elte
- Art, Time Stands Still by Mark Gleberzon, MJG Gallery
- Waterworks Striped Ceramic Tray, Gingers
- Pink Sliver Armchair, Pink & Brown
- Lolli Living Sparrow Knitted Cotton Blanket, Westcoast Kids
- Ceramic Zinnia on Stand, Elte
- Natural Quartz Coasters Edged in Silver, Elte
- Fanny and Veca Pink Decorative Pillows, Bouclair
- Monaco Tufted Round Micro-fibre Ottoman, ELTE Market
- Mohair Throw with Multi-coloured Fringe of Recycled Yarn, ELTE Market
- Italian Denim Blue Herringbone Throw with White Trim, ELTE Market
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018