(NC)— Fall is an ideal time to get back to cooking comfort foods, reconnecting with loved ones after summer trips and appreciating the beauty the season has to offer. Fall is the perfect opportunity to host a gathering, and since October is breast cancer awareness month why not support a great cause while you do it – host a Cook for the Cure party. Whether it’s an intimate candlelit dinner or full-fledged family affair – here are a few tips to get your party started:
1. Host a party for a cause – October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and a great time to turn entertaining into fundraising by hosting a Cook for the Cure party. Cook for the Cure, presented by KitchenAid asks guests to make a donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation in place of a traditional hostess gift. The size of the donation is up to your guests. Register your party at www.cookforthecure.ca and KitchenAid Canada will donate $50 to help the cause. All proceeds support research, education, community care, and advocacy to create a future without breast cancer.
2. Pick your theme – A festive theme sets your fête apart. Whether you go classic autumn with rich colours or stick to a monochromatic look, once you determine the look the rest of the party will fall into place. Add fun touches like placing planters and urns outside to welcome guests and kick the party off on the right foot. Whether you go with casual or formal, trendy or traditional, a festive theme will help bring your seasonal party to life.
3. Set the mood – Music sets the tone of the event. Spend time crafting the perfect playlist to put your guests in the party spirit.
4. Make it personal – From customized drink skewers to personalized place cards, dress up your party with thoughtful details that leave a lasting impression. Mini pumpkins and gourds will add a pop of colour to your table. Write guests’ names on business card sized pieces of paper and attach with a pushpin and you’ll have place cards that serve double duty as a takeaway after the dinner.
More information is online at www.pinterest.com/KitchenAidCa and at www.facebook.com/kitchenaidcanada.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018