Why add a water feature?
- They’re relatively easy to maintain.
- The sound of the water will block out nieghbourhood noise.
- They’re easily customizable.
- They’re affordable.
- They interact well with natural elements like sun, plants, insects and birds, which can lend unity to your yard.
- They enforce a sense of calmness to the garden.
- Features installed professionally can attract potential home buyers and result in an increased property value.
There are four types of water features:
- Fish Ponds.
- Ornamental Pools, (which are designed around a statue or a structure).
- Reflecting pools.
- Water gardens.
Fountains are easily customizable and can add character, both visual and auditory in nature.
Waterfalls are a great way to engage other elements of your yard, like stone and greenery, and add a dynamic level of visual interest via motion.
Streams interact well with other water features. They can flow into waterfalls or a pond and encourage important water circulation.
Latest posts by Zakiya Kassam (see all)
- Designer Space: In With The Old - August 16, 2018
- Easy Updates That Will Increase Your Home’s Market Value - August 6, 2018
- Designer Space: Drama Queen - July 25, 2018