Looking to add a little life to your home’s most popular space? Replacing old furniture, freshening up the paint colour and finding a new piece of art for the wall are great areas to focus on during a major reno. But if you’re simply looking for a quick and easy fix to spruce up your home for the holidays, these DIY lighting ideas will rejuvenate your living room in no time.
- Dim your lights. Your living room is the soul of your home. Whether you want to create the right mood, work, read or watch television, having the right light can make a big impact. Dimmable LED light bulbs allow you to adjust the amount of light you need throughout the day. For example, the warm glow dimming light effect of Philips’ LED light bulbs allows you to transition your living room from functional to inviting to cozy with the flick of a switch.
- Choose LED. These bulbs provide a beautiful warm white light, immediately creating a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere. As a bonus, LED light bulbs provide significant energy savings, using up to 90 per cent less energy than ordinary light bulbs. They also last longer and offer flicker-free light.
- Pick a light that offers flexibility. Some moments call for cool, energizing daylight ideal for working, while others like curling up on the couch for a movie need a cozy warm glow. An LED light bulb such as Philips’ SceneSwitch doesn’t require a dimmer or any additional installation — simply flip your existing light switch on for one kind of light, then off and on again for another until you achieve your desired ambiance.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 26, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 26, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 26, 2023
Leave a Comment