Use feng shui to your favorAs it turns out, the position of your desk could be just as important as the work you do at it. According to the ancient practices of feng shui, placing your desk facing the door is a power move. The logic of this convention is grounded in logic; having your back to the door means that you can’t immediately see a visitor, which can unknowingly cause tension and anxiety.
Incorporate plenty of storage optionsWhether you’re an accountant or an artist, you’re bound to accumulate clutter in your workspace, and clutter can be mentally disruptive. You may not feel like the giant stack of papers on the edge of your desk is impeding your work habits, but on a subconscious level, having clutter that is irrelevant to your present task-at-hand creates a strain on your mind, inadvertently dividing your attention. To combat clutter-related hindrances, ensure your home office has plenty of options for hidden storage.
Never underestimate your light sourcesYou should have plenty of light in your workspace to avoid eyestrain and keep you alert while you work. Ideally, that light will be natural light. If your office doesn’t have windows, consider lighting fixtures, lighting types, and fixture placement.
- Avoid placing lighting directly above or behind a computer screen as this will produce glare.
- Opt for white lights instead of lights with a yellowish glow. While yellow lights are good for your bedroom by promoting relaxation, white lights will keep you alert, aiding in your concentration.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 31, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 31, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 31, 2023
Leave a Comment