- You may see an increase in future productivity. A cluttered desk can distract your brain without you even realizing it. Even something small, like not being able to find a document you need right away, can affect your patience, concentration, mood, and ultimately will negatively impact your creative process.
- De-cluttering your home can result in a clearer mind. Mess causes stress; that’s just a fact. Clutter bombards our minds with excessive stimuli, which can result in:
- Our senses becoming overwhelmed.
- Signals to our brain that we have unfinished work to do, making it difficult to fully relax.
- Feelings of guilt and embarrassment for not addressing the clutter.
- The benefits of downsizing. You would be surprised how much physical attachments weigh on your brain; and what’s more, most people will never realize how weighted down they are because they choose not to downsize. Humans are natural born acquirers, and we hoard without fully meaning to because we are under the (false) impression that we need our things. Don’t let objects reflect our self-worth. Downsizing is a great way to clear your space, your mind, and ultimately decrease your stress.
- It’s great exercise! And also, spring cleaning can be an activity for the whole family to do together, which can encourage important bonding. Try having an incentive at the end of your spring clean day: go to the movies, out for dinner, or take the kids for ice cream as a reward for their hard work and so that they will associate spring cleaning positively in years to come.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Multi-generational Households: Exploring Your Options - October 16, 2021
- Beef Lo Mein Recipe from Chef Lynn Crawford - October 16, 2021
- Trendsetter: Natalie Lagace - October 12, 2021