As the weather continues to drop outside, and days continue to get shorter and darker many people are turning to the warm confines of their living rooms to wait out the winter.
Downtime during the holidays is the perfect time to catch up on your favourite series or finally get to that recent blockbuster movie. Wait out the winter in the warm confines of your living room with these five tips for making it perfect for binge-watching.
- Comfort is key. Fluffy blankets, cozy pillows, and somewhere to put up your feet are all prerequisites for the perfect viewing experience.
- Recreate reality. Invest in a television that allows you to see your content the way the director intended. Technology like LG’s OLED television lineup recreates a cinematic experience in your home. It delivers true black, meaning you see every colour and detail in perfect contrast.
- Perfect sound: Surround sound can’t be beat when it comes to media rooms. Place speakers around the central seating area to ensure an immersive experience.
- Snack attack: Cupboards should be well stocked with snacks to keep you fueled throughout the binge. Try substituting your typical popcorn and soda with some holiday favourites like clementines, shortbread, or mixed nuts.
- Mood lighting: If you can’t splurge on a new OLED that features anti-reflective coating, dim the lights and close the blinds. This will ensure you don’t have any pesky glare interrupting your experience.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 24, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 24, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 24, 2023
Leave a Comment