My closet is a disaster. I never know when to get rid of something and I’m getting to the point where I don’t know where to put things anymore. Help!
I’m here to help! Closets hold some of our most treasured belongings: clothes, belts, jewelry, and, of course, shoes! We never seem to throw anything out thinking we may need it again. I’m going to help you turn your closet into a fashionista’s dream.
- Cut clutter by asking yourself, “If I saw this in a store today, would I buy it?” If the answer is no, get rid of it.
- Longer pieces, such as skirts, topcoats and dresses, should be hung with about 66” of space from the floor.
- Keep suits together so that pants don’t go missing.
- Have at least two sets of shoetrees so you can alternate them in your shoes and boots in-between wearing them.
- Use separations in the drawers to better organize smaller items.
- Use drawers inside your closet for your jewelry, accessories and intimates.
- Bring a soft scent to your closet with unopened bars of soap placed inside.
- Separate short-sleeve shirts from long-sleeve shirts or blouses. Within that category, colour block them from left-to-right, lightest-to-darkest, or follow the colours of the rainbow.
- For double closet bars, the top bar should be about 39” from the bottom bar, and the bottom bar should be 42” from the floor.
As Seen In: Canadian Home Trends Magazine Spring 2014
Photo Source: California Closet
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment