As a design lover, design is always on my mind, even when on vacation. A prominent historic estate filled with designs from experts all over the country was a must-see on a recent holiday to Palm Beach in Florida.
Alive with maximalist style in color, texture, and pattern, the 2022 Kips Bay Decorator Show House conveyed a clear ‘Let’s get extra’ vibe. I loved the use of geometrics, the layering of multiple patterns, and interesting wall and painted surfaces.
Use of very extra details such as leather fringe on chairs, scallops on umbrellas, pops of unusual color and lots of woven wicker and cane are trends we’ll see more of this year and in years to come.
Designer Jillian Straky shares design inspiration from a recent visit to the Kips Bay Decorator Show House in Palm Beach.
a look inside
Filled with layers of eye candy for the design-minded, we took some noteworthy morsels away from the interior of this stunning house! Here are a few of my favorites!
- Tent it! Ashley Gilbreath used multiple striped patterns beautifully, creating a cocooning canopy effect in the master bedroom.
- Remember the ceiling! Nikki Levy added great drama to the master bathroom with gold metal rods on the ceiling and a linear pattern of lights.
- Swings are hot! Tiffany Brooks took it to a new level by creating a swing daybed in this cheery bedroom!
- Go bold on walls! Robert Brown’s clean lines, bold shapes and colors really make this room stand out. The pattern and dimension of a screen behind the sofa was stunning!
Text and Photos By
Jillian Straky, www.housewears.ca
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 23, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 23, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 23, 2023
Leave a Comment