The best bathrooms are more than just functional areas – they’re sanctuaries where you can escape, reset and recharge. And as one of the smallest and most-used rooms in the home, they have become one of the most popular remodeling projects.
Luckily, simple updates can breathe new life into this small space. Take a look at ways to transform any boring bathroom by incorporating these fast, fresh updates that don’t cost a fortune:
- Create a Focal Point with Updated Faucets: It’s a focal point, one of the most frequently used items in the bath, so it’s important that your vanity incorporates a fabulous faucet. No matter what your style, there’s a faucet that’s right for you. If you prefer more traditional styling, Moen points out its Weymouth product which gives a refreshed, old-world design that’s guaranteed to add a touch of luxury. Or if you like a more chic, modern look, the Arris bathroom faucets feature sharp 90-degree angles and clean, tubular spouts for a truly iconic style. In addition to the beautiful styling, you’ll feel good about your update, since each bathroom faucet has been certified to meet WaterSense criteria. The faucets are flow-optimized and allow water to flow at 5.7 litres per minute (L/min), versus traditional aerators that flow at 8 L/min., providing the sensational water experience to which you’re accustomed, while reducing water usage by up to 32 percent.
- Add Beauty with Bath Hardware: Once you’ve upgraded your faucet, look to the other metallic accents in the room for a subtle, yet effective way to pull together the design. Coordinating bath hardware, such as towel bars, rings, robe hooks, shelves, knobs and pulls, will instantly add a functional and fashionable impact.
- Set the Mood with Colour: According to Freshome architecture and design blog, room colour affects our moods and thoughts – so choose wisely. Create a zen retreat by enhancing your bath with shades of yellow, which are energizing and uplifting; or soft blues, which are calming, relaxing and serene. Add a splash of colour to the walls with a fresh coat of high-gloss paint to give the space an instant facelift.
- Shower Sanctuary: A quality showerhead can dramatically improve your daily showering experience. Take your shower from lackluster to luxurious, for example, with a Moen Arris Eco-Performance rainshower showerhead. The 10-inch rainshower will provide a relaxing, spa-like shower experience and is certified to meet WaterSense criteria. The collection is also available with a 14-inch easy-to-install shower arm so you can create your shower sanctuary without a full-scale remodel.
By following these fast updates, you’ll be surprised how quickly and easily you can take your bathroom from boring to a spa-like sanctuary.
More information is available online at moen.ca.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment