Today, with such a wide variety of tea available, you can choose your blend based on time of day, mood, season, or even pair it with the type of food you are serving.
With 100 years of experience in the business, Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee knows a thing or two about the perfect cup of tea. The makers of the popular Higgins & Burke brand of tea suggest that while there are no rules for what, where and when teas should be enjoyed, there are general guidelines for brewing tea to help ensure you get the most out of every sip.
• ensure your cup/pot are clean;
• always use fresh, cold water (never re-boil water);
• use the correct temperature water;
• brew the tea for the proper length of time;
• always serve it fresh.
To Brew by the Cup:
Black/Flavoured Black Tea:
Boil water. Add bag to cup. Pour boiling water over bag. Steep three to five minutes. Remove bag. A longer brew time will give you more strength and colour.
Green Tea or White Tea or Roiboos:
As a general rule you should never pour boiling water directly onto green or white tea leaves. These teas are more delicate and prefer a cooler temperature to ensure there isn’t bitterness in the cup. Boil water. Let it sitfor two minutes. Add bag to cup. Pour water over bag. Steep one to three minutes. Remove bag.
Boil water. Add bag to cup. Pour water over bag. Steep three to five minutes or as desired for taste/strength. Remove bag.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 31, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 31, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 31, 2023
Leave a Comment