(NC)—Stocking your kitchen with the right balance of healthy foods will set you up for weight loss success – and will help you curb cravings so you don’t reach for the cookie jar.
On CBC’s new series Village on a Diet, Registered Dietitian Maria Thomas is helping the town of Taylor, B.C. lose, literally, a ton of weight in only three months. She offers these grocery shopping tips to Taylor residents – and all Canadians – to help you avoid temptation at the check-out line:
1. Before you shop, take an inventory of everything you have in your fridge – do you have enough fruits and vegetables? What about whole grains and lean protein?
2. Make a list of what you need and stick to it
3. Eat before you go – otherwise impulse items will find their way into your cart
4. Only shop the perimeter of the store where the fruits and vegetables, dairy, meat and bread are found. Avoid the middle aisles filled with processed and packaged foods.
5. Be brave – read nutrition labels and be aware of proper serving sizes
Follow the residents of Taylor, B.C. on their ambitious journey to lose a ton of weight, Mondays at 9 p.m. (9:30 p.m. NT) on CBC. Interested in making a healthy lifestyle change of your own? Go to LiveRightNow.ca to make a pledge to the Million Pound Challenge and access healthy living tools, tips and support that can help you make a positive change in your life.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 2, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 2, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 2, 2023
Leave a Comment