Why add a water feature?
- They’re relatively easy to maintain.
- The sound of the water will block out nieghbourhood noise.
- They’re easily customizable.
- They’re affordable.
- They interact well with natural elements like sun, plants, insects and birds, which can lend unity to your yard.
- They enforce a sense of calmness to the garden.
- Features installed professionally can attract potential home buyers and result in an increased property value.
There are four types of water features:
- Fish Ponds.
- Ornamental Pools, (which are designed around a statue or a structure).
- Reflecting pools.
- Water gardens.
Fountains are easily customizable and can add character, both visual and auditory in nature.
Waterfalls are a great way to engage other elements of your yard, like stone and greenery, and add a dynamic level of visual interest via motion.
Streams interact well with other water features. They can flow into waterfalls or a pond and encourage important water circulation.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment