An enjoyable and successful holiday season is easier to achieve than you think — all it takes are some simple changes in your everyday life. Here are three tips that’ll have you believing it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
1. Be realistic. Remember that you’re only one person, so set realistic goals in terms of to-do lists and event commitments. You don’t have to attend your second cousin’s holiday party on a busy Tuesday night, and you can bring store-bought cookies to your child’s bake sale. Recruit help from friends and family if you need it and don’t be afraid to say no.
2. Pamper yourself. Self-care is often one of the first things to go when we’re busy, but this only increases our stress and keeps us from enjoy the season — which is really what the holidays are all about. So treat yourself the way you would advise your best friend to, and continue exercising, catch up on the latest show or bestselling novel, and treat yourself to a home spa day.
3. Shop smarter. Save yourself a busy day at the mall by buying early and online. You can shop even smarter by earning miles towards your dream vacation with your holiday purchases. Aeroplan Members can earn miles by shopping online through the Aeroplan eStore, which features over 120 online retailers such as Apple, Indigo, Hudson’s Bay, and Sephora. Find something for everyone on your list and get closer to a stress-relieving post-holiday getaway for yourself. Check out www.aeroplan.com/estore.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 31, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 31, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 31, 2023
Leave a Comment