Design Blogger: Rachel Borrelli, Diversa Design
Inspired by a blog meme going around recently, we decided to challenge our design bloggers to share a little bit about themselves with 15 fun questions. You can view more 15 Questions posts here.
1. What’s your favourite wallpaper pattern?
Ralph Lauren PEARL RAY SHAGREEN Wallpaper. I saw it up on the wall at their Chicago store and loved it instantly.
2. What’s the best vacation you’ve taken?
We took my two daughters to Europe for three weeks when they were teenagers. We had so much fun and made great memories.
3. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
The pope; I think we would have lots to talk about.
4. Name one thing on your bucket list.
To write a book; I have so many ideas and am so curious about the whole process.
5. What’s your favourite room in your house?
My kitchen! We’re Italian; we love cooking, eating and entertaining. I have an open floor plan so we are always together in the space.
6. If you could pick any designer, living or dead to decorate your house, who would it be?
Philippe Starke, I admire his work and his simple yet sophisticated style.
7. What’s on your night stand?
A lamp, a picture and always a book or magazines.
8. Backyard BBQ or Formal Dinner?
9. If you could rewind twenty years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
I would tell myself to go to University for Art and Design much earlier because I love it!
10. Share something you’ve pinned (or bookmarked) and why you love it.
I bookmarked the Skirted Roundtable Ladies. They interview designers via podcasts so I can listen to them in the car or while working on a project etc.
11. What’s one decorating piece of advice you swear by?
If you don’t like it, it doesn’t matter that it’s on trend. After considering the function of the room, surround yourself with things you love.
12. What’s your favorite color and where have you used it or seen it used in a beautiful way?
Black and thankfully every room needs a touch of it. I recently painted the French doors leading into my office in black.
13. If money was no object, what’s something you’d buy right now.
A beachfront cabin somewhere in BC, with lots of spare bedrooms for family and friends.
14. Share something that scares you, something that comforts you, or both.
Growing old scares me but growing old with my husband comforts me.
15. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Anything butterscotch flavored.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 11 Bathroom Renovation Ideas to Freshen Up Your Bathroom - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Simple Drama - December 13, 2018
- Designer Space: Vintage Modern Renovation - December 11, 2018