Myths abound about how best to care for the daily messes encountered at home.
“Ditching the dust bunnies is one thing, but getting a firm grasp on the truths of the domestic daily clean-up is another,” explains Katie McConnell, customer service with
The Libman Company, a family-owned business that’s been making quality cleaning tools since 1896. Keep these five cleaning facts in mind the next time you’re cleaning:
- Newspapers really do clean windows better than paper towels. Free of lint and easily maneuverable, this myth is more fact than fiction. It’s also a great way to reuse your papers before recycling them.
- Furniture polish isn’t always the right fit for furniture. Different ingredients and formulas can wreak havoc with wood and finishes. The safest and most effective method is a simple dry dusting with a ribbed microfibre cloth. Designed specifically to attract dust, it won’t leave buildup or chemical residue behind.
- The secret to success is using the proper tools. Look for ergonomic brooms and mops, like the Precision Angle Broom from Libman, for comfort and ease of use.
- Cleaning and disinfecting are two entirely different things. Cleaning is the action of removing dirt, while disinfecting is defined as destroying or preventing the growth of disease-carrying microorganisms. Remember that disinfecting everything too much can actually lower your defences against germs and viruses.
- Cleaning burns calories — one hour of sweeping or mopping burns more than 150 calories.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas - June 4, 2020
- Simple Ways To Update Your Backyard - June 4, 2020
- Father’s Day Grilling Giveaway with The Home Depot Canada - June 4, 2020