Summer Berry Cheesecake Pie
Pie is a classic dessert serving many traditions all across our country, so why not charm your Canada Day guests with a tribute treat? Serve them a red-and-white cheesecake pie.
In this recipe—adorned with a red-berry maple leaf—the abundance of seasonal fruit ingredients make it easy to be appreciative of our fertile landscapes. You will also see the trade secrets of corn—quality Fleischmann's corn starch and flavourful Crown corn syrup—all of which promise a great taste treat
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 packages (250mL each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Fleischmann's Canada Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Crown Lily White Corn Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250mL) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh berries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a medium bowl. Firmly press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch/23cm pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Cook 1/3 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until butter turns the color of light brown sugar, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and corn starch in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in corn syrup, eggs and vanilla. Carefully pour browned butter into cream cheese mixture. Stir until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Combine sour cream and sugar. Spread over hot cheesecake. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. To serve, garnish with fresh berries.
- Drizzle each slice with a Raspberry Sauce. To make a Raspberry Sauce, mash 1/2 cup raspberries; stir in 2 tablespoons corn syrup. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
For more tasty pie recipes, visit www.achfood.ca