Are you looking for a new way to engage your family in healthy eating? This cauliflower popcorn recipe from leading child nutrition organization, Breakfast for Learning, is a fun and healthy twist on the classic. It can be served as a side dish, or even as a new snack at your next movie night. Cauliflower is filled with nutrients that help keep bodies healthy and strong, such as vitamin C, potassium, and fibre.
- Cauliflower 1 head
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 Tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Spice (e.g. Paprika, garlic power, or onion powder) ½ tsp (2 ml)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Cut cauliflower head into florets about the size of a ping pong ball.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, salt, and spice.
- Add cauliflower and toss thoroughly.
- Spread cauliflower on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 45 – 60 minutes. During this time, turn cauliflower 3-4 times until most of each piece has turned a golden brown colour.
- Serve and enjoy your special popcorn treat.
More information and recipe ideas can be found online at www.breakfastforlearning.ca
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018