Christmas Party Puff Pastry Canapes are tender puff pastries and are prepared with two different toppings to whet the appetites of your Christmas party guests. In one hand, they’ll have tart pears topped with walnuts and sweet honey, and in the other, salty prosciutto and sundried tomato with bitter arugula. Both are layered on a creamy ricotta cheese base. Everything needed to make this budget-friendly, delicious decadence can be found at Walmart for less than $1.70 a serving.
Christmas Party Puff Pastry Canapes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 (4 canapes each)
Ingredients for the Christmas Party Puff Pastry Canapes:
• 1 450 g package butter puff pastry, thawed
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 cup (250 mL) ricotta cheese
• 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup (125 mL) toasted walnuts, chopped
• 3 tbsp. (45 mL) honey
• 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
• 8 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) sundried tomatoes, chopped
Directions for the Christmas Party Puff Pastry Canapes:
1. Heat oven to 400F (200C). Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
2. Unroll one sheet of puff pastry. Cut pastry evenly into 4 strips. Cut each strip evenly into 4 parts to make 16 squares. Place on prepared pan, score 2 or 3 times with a fork and brush with egg wash. Bake until golden and puffed; about 14 minutes. Repeat with the remaining sheet. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Spread each square with 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) ricotta cheese. Top 16 squares with pear slices, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey. Top remaining 16 squares with arugula, prosciutto, and sundried tomatoes.
Find more great recipes online at walmart.ca/recipes.
For more holiday entertaining ideas click here.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Leave a Comment