This gorgeous dining room was one of my favorite dining room stages and it was part of a recent project at a stunning home in Anmore. I used a 14 ft. live edge table from Muse & Merchant and high back tufted chairs in beige linen. I love this combination because the detail on the back of the chairs softens the lines of the heavy table and brings it all together so nicely. I used a simple center piece that I created myself. I made it with green moss balls of different dimensions and wrapped a stem of white artificial orchids around them. I also used a bronze tall textured vase with artificial green berry branches. For this specific dining room, I kept the setting very simple to showcase the beautiful lines of the live edge table. The inspiration behind this project was nature; the home is in Anmore, surrounded by tall trees and mountain views. I wanted to bring a piece of nature inside for a serene, elegant look.
Dining Room Staging Tips
- I love using a large rectangular mirror when possible. Adding a mirror opens up the room bringing more light to it and making it feel bigger.
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone by adding different style chairs to the style of the dining table. I find a lot of people are afraid of mixing different tones of woods or even different elements and I highly encourage mixing them up.
- When using an area rug underneath the table, make sure to use the correct size for the space. The rug should be under the chairs even when the chairs are pulled out for use. This is a very important tip as I often see small rugs under the table and this only makes the room look smaller and cramped.
- If you have a light fixture above the dining table, make sure it is centered over the table and not in the middle of the room. Also consider the size and shape of the table; a light fixture should be approximately one third of the size of the table and leave roughly 30” between the top of the table and the bottom of the fixture.
Text and Project by Liliana McInerney, Upstaged by Lili; Photography by Christina Faminoff
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018