So you’ve spent countless back-breaking hours slaving in your garden, finally got around to sanding down and refinishing your deck, and you’ve even taken the time to power-wash your siding. Your backyard is nearly presentable for summer but it’s missing one thing. Just like an indoor space, it is essential to properly light your outdoor space. Try these six DIY’s to ensure your outdoor space is properly lit, not to mention on point for style and creativity.
- Twine patterned mason jars.
What you’ll need: mason jars, spray paint, twine and candles.
- Mini cupcake lanterns.
What you’ll need: cupcake liners and string lights.
- Colourful mason jar lamps.
What you’ll need: mason jars, translucent glass paint or colourful tissue paper and tea lights.
- Woven basket lamps.
What you’ll need: baskets from the dollar store, twine, a light fixture and a chain.
- Tin can lanterns.
What you’ll need: tin cans, a nail, a hammer, spray paint, tea light candle, wire.
- Wine bottle tiki torches.
What you’ll need: empty wine bottles, tiki replacement wicks, torch fuel, glue and (optional) decorative twine and pebbles.
Latest posts by Zakiya Kassam (see all)
- Creative Ways to Impress Your Guests - December 12, 2017
- Tips on Getting Your Home Guest-Ready - December 12, 2017
- Must-Haves For Your Pantry Over The Holiday Season - December 12, 2017