There’s nothing quite like cooking up a classic burger over the barbecue. Taste the season with these ultimate egg-stuffed Portobello mushroom burgers, which provide a modern and mouth-watering twist on an old favourite and are perfect for family adventures.
Ideal for vegetarians and high in protein, they’re great for a quick bite while at the cottage this winter, a brunch staple on your staycation or even a delicious dinner on a holiday camping trip.
Egg-Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
• 4 Portobello mushrooms
• 1 red onion, sliced in quarter-inch rounds
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 250 mL Egg Creations Whole Eggs Mushroom and Spinach
• 4 slices Swiss or mozzarella cheese
• 4 hamburger buns
• 2 cups arugula
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Remove mushroom stems and scrape out black ribs from inside the caps; this recipe works best with mushrooms that have exaggerated curved caps, as this helps keep the egg mixture in.
2. Brush mushrooms and onion slices with olive oil, then place them on the grill at 350⁰F. Fill each mushroom with 60 mL Egg Creations and cook until the eggs set.
3. Melt cheese over each mushroom and toast buns until golden.
4. Divide arugula among buns, add mushrooms and onions, and finish with mayonnaise.
Find more delicious recipes at www.burnbraefarms.com.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Space: Modern Character - August 16, 2018
- Trend Watch: Sleek Home Elevators - August 13, 2018
- Ultimate Bathroom Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - August 10, 2018