Grilled Pepper Steak and Mozzarella on Baguette
Sometimes simple is best – and this classic steak sandwich is a prime example. It's a summer dish that layers on the flavours – briny olive tapenade, buttery stretch mozzarella and herbaceous, peppery notes of arugula – to please your palate.
- 2 strip loin steaks, each about 10 oz (300 g)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- ½ tsp (2 ml) cracked mixed peppercorns
- 1 red onion, sliced into ½-inch (1-cm) rounds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 4
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) olive tapenade
- 6 oz (175 g) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1½ cups (375 ml) arugula
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease grates well. Pat steaks dry with paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare, or cook to your liking. Let steak rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss red onion slices with olive oil. Grill onions for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until tender. Once steak has rested, slice thinly against the grain.
- Grill baguette cut side down for 30 seconds, or until lightly marked. Spread tapenade on half of the baguette slices and place Mozzarellissima slices on the remaining. Grill, covered, for 1 minute, or until cheese starts to melt.
- Sandwich steak, onion, tomato and arugula between toasted baguette with tapenade and cheese. Serve immediately.
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment