(NC)—As fall approaches, finding space to store summer gear can present a challenge. Luckily, the garage is an extension of the home that can be used to accommodate seasonal storage needs. Make the summer to fall transition easier by following these easy organizational tips:
• Organize now. Don’t wait for the snow to fall before you start cleaning out the garage. Begin by taking everything out of the garage to easily sort seasonal gear in the front yard. If there is summer equipment that didn’t make it out of storage this past season, sell or donate these items before winter arrives.
• Make the change: Rotate seasonal equipment so shovels, salt and snow blowers are accessible when blistery weather arrives. Store spring and summer gear, including gardening tools, pool supplies and bikes, in a storage locker such as the Gladiator GarageWorks GearLocker which can be easily moved around with its solid rubber castors.
• Keep it together: Don’t lose track of personal items by storing everything together in one spot. Keep similar goods together in convenient locations for easy access, such as storing household products, brooms and cleaning supplies close to the door leading into the house.
• Work it out. The garage can make a productive space when clutter is removed. Add a work surface, such as Gladiator GarageWorks six-foot modular workbench which comes in solid maple top, if you’re the hands-on type. With enough counter space for any project in the works, additional space underneath the workbench makes ideal storage for toolboxes and cabinets.
The garage adds optimal storage space when you put a little thought into it. Be prepared for every season and get a start on revamping your garage today.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018